To Cheat or Not to Cheat?!
What comes to mind when I think of holidays? Food, lots of food, friends, guests, conversations, drinks… We all know what happens when having a good conversation; there is no tracking of what you eat. I have been working out so hard to get where I am right now, I don’t want to mess it all up in one day.
So I have been thinking how can I get through this day without overeating and stick to healthy choices? Here are some tricks I came up with:
– I need to drink plenty of water, especially right before eating;
– If I know that I’m going cheat, I need to plan exactly what and how much I will eat;
– Put on my plate filling and nutritious foods first, and only treat myself to something “forbidden”;
– Control my portions. Cut a little piece rather than to eat a whole thing.
– Keep my goal in mind, remind myself why I workout so hard and why it’s so important to eat healthy.
Happy 4th of July everyone! It’s a beautiful day in Florida, have fun and enjoy every moment!